What is your acne telling you?
1 & 2: Digestive System — Eat less processed or junk food, reduce the amount of fat in your diet, step up water intake and opt for cooling things like cucumbers.
3: Liver — Cut out the alcohol, greasy food and dairy. This is the zone where food allergies also show up first, so take a look at your ingredients. Besides all this, do 30 minutes of light exercise every day and get adequate sleep so your liver can rest.
4 & 5: Kidneys — Anything around the eyes (including dark circles) point to dehydration. Drink up!
6: Heart — Check your blood pressure (mine was slightly high) and Vitamin B levels. Decrease the intake of spicy or pungent food, cut down on meat and get more fresh air. Besides this, look into ways to lower cholesterol, like replacing “bad fats” with “good fats” such as Omegas 3 and 6 found in nuts, avocados, fish and flax seed. Also, since this area is chock-full of dilated pores, check that your makeup is not past its expiry date or is skin-clogging.
7 & 8: Kidneys — Again, drink up! And cut down on aerated drinks, coffee and alcohol as these will cause further dehydration.
Zone 9 & 10: Respiratory system — Do you smoke? Have allergies? This is your problem area for both. If neither of these is the issue, don’t let your body overheat, eat more cooling foods, cut down on sugar and get more fresh air. Also keep the body more alkaline by avoiding foods that make the body acidic (meat, dairy, alcohol, caffeine, sugar) and adding more alkalizing foods like green veggies and wheatgrass juice. Another thing that most of forget – dirty cell phones and pillow cases are two of the top acne culprits and this area is what they affect the most!
Zone 11 & 12: Hormones — This is the signature zone for stress and hormonal changes. And while both are sometimes unavoidable, you can decrease their effect by getting adequate sleep, drinking enough water, eating leafy veggies and keeping skin scrupulously clean. Another interesting point: breakouts in this area indicate when you are ovulating (and on which side).
Zone 13: Stomach — Step up the fibre intake, reduce the toxin overload and drink herbal teas to help with digestion.
14: Illness — Zits here can be a sign that your body is fighting bacteria to avoid illness. Give it a break, take a yoga class, take a nap, take time to breathe deeply, drink plenty of water and know that everything always works out!
So the next time you break out or notice dark under-eye circles, look to your face map: your skin is probably trying to communicate on behalf of the internal organs. However, do remember that, as with all medical issues, it is always best to see your doctor or dermotologist for a proper prognosis. This is just a general guide to head you off in the right investigative direction – just becuase you break out between the brows doesn’t always mean you have a bad liver!
- maraelapid likes this
- pastichedtomeetu reblogged this from heartgrenade
- eu-so-nice likes this
- durumii likes this
- meowshellvu reblogged this from meesheellvu
- justraeam reblogged this from leanstrongsexy
- bitka-goyke likes this
- heartmane likes this
- thuper-thexy-thara reblogged this from swamp-green
- avid-tea-addict likes this
- swamp-green reblogged this from sassy-gay-hero
- sassy-gay-hero reblogged this from wurst-burgers
- wurst-burgers reblogged this from himapapa
- prayforparadise likes this
- s0metimes-i-wonder likes this
- cosmicbr0wnies reblogged this from girlgrowingsmall
- alexxsdreambody likes this
- thiseskimoisgettingfit likes this
- ilivetorun reblogged this from fitbitchinthemaking
- ilivetorun likes this
- reasonablewinds likes this
- adgepd likes this
- healthymunchkin reblogged this from fitspo-guide
- u-su-k likes this
- geekethefreak reblogged this from badgerjaw
- mpthebestmeicanbe reblogged this from leanstrongsexy
- thewayyoufuckme likes this
- greypalette likes this
- beg-borrow-or-steal likes this
- be-confident-be-fit reblogged this from leanstrongsexy
- lucifer-make-me-lovely reblogged this from leanstrongsexy
- be-confident-be-fit likes this
- horantheworldstyles likes this
- horantheworldstyles reblogged this from because-healthy-is-sexy
- whatssogreataboutremembering likes this
- alejandrasaldana likes this
- jwijaaya likes this
- mchaaangg reblogged this from randreeks
- roconinnaa likes this
- randreeks reblogged this from imaginationsanddreams
- highbloodprince likes this
- mrsmalikboy likes this
- homeless-zayn-is-latigable reblogged this from oahubaby
- gdisteven likes this
- washinonakanoookami reblogged this from and-then-there-was-pie
- loli-berri likes this
- fuckingfitnesss reblogged this from skinnymanhattan
- 78956123 likes this
- misssunnyjoy likes this
- valervie likes this