What order should I apply my makeup?
Makeup should be applied in this order:
- Primer or Tinted Moisturizer
Foundation and concealer can be interchangeable depending on what products you are using. If you’re using a powder for one and a liquid for the other, then the liquid goes before the powder!
Liquid or Powder foundation?
- if you want a dewy or sheer finish
- Most of them are water based, so to even out the coverage use a sponge
- if you want maximum dewiness, dampen the sponge with a bit of water before use.
- It’s a thinner coverage
- Helps control shine *which is good if you have oily skin*
What eyeshadow colour is best for my eyes?
Brown: You’re lucky enough that you can use any colour you want, but the best would have to be green.
Blue: purples, peach, copper, bronze, white and grey.
Hazel/Green: Purple and brown
What are the different types of eyeliner and what do they do?
There are 5 types of eyeliner:
- Liquid Eyeliner: sharp, precise lines
- Wax-Based Pencil Eyeliner: easy application, comes in a variety of colours
- Kohl Eyeliner: most likely to smudge, comes in a variety of forms.
- Gel Eyeliner: soft, easy to apply, precise, long lasting
- Powder-Based Eye Pencil: the regular wooden one.
How do I make my eyes pop?
I love the look of a liquid eyeliner, with a cateye and light brush of white eyeshadow with glitter in the inner corner of your eye. It will make your eyes the focus point on your face and make them look bigger then they are. Add this with the eyeshadow best suited for your eye colour, and you’re sure to create the perfect look!
What are the type of foundation and what do they mean?
There are 3 options for foundation, and they all refer to what type of skin colour your have:
- Cool Tones: if you have pink undertones
- Neutral Tones: if you have a mix of both yellow and pink undertones
- Warm Tones: if you have yellow undertones.
It’s also good to know that the lighter your skin colour the closer you are to cool tones, and the darker your skin colour the warmer you should look. Make sure to change foundation during the colder time of year, because your skin colour changes during the winter and the summer.
What lipstick colour is best for my skin tone?
Fair skin: nudes, pink, light coral or a slight apricot
Medium Skin: roses, mauves, berry and deep burgundy instead of bright red.
Dark or Black skin: caramel or walnut for the day and plum or wine in the evening.
How should I remove my makeup/ What products are good for removing my makeup?
Make sure to always use a makeup remover before removing your makeup. I’d recommend products like Spectro Jel to help wash your face. Make sure you wash your face very well, for at least 2 minutes. It’s important because it will clean your pores and reduce breakouts.